Hi All,

I usually do smallish jobs and just ask for payment upon delivery. However, I've been commissioned to make a large painting commemorating a capital campaign and it will take me quite some time and involve a good chunk of money. Stages in the project are to finalize the list of species that will be painted, complete a detailed rendering of the composition that they can make a banner with, and then the final piece. Should I ask for a portion of the payment at each of those stages? Just the banner and final piece stages? What do others do?

Thanks! Lore

--
Lore Ruttan, Ph.D.

Lore Ruttan Illustration