Hi All,

I am new to science illustration, so I'm just learning all of the ins and outs of how to sell artwork and take commissions. I have been asked by a club (150 members or so) to illustrate some mushrooms for their T-shirts, bags, mugs, and probably for their website. The illustration would likely take me about 14 hours to make. They would like to have rights to the image (I would not get a percentage of each shirt sale). What is a reasonable amount to ask for? While I would be selling my time, materials, and the rights to my illustration, I also know that they are a non-profit club.

Thanks for your help!

- Julie Himes

Julie Himes Science Illustration
Monterey, CA