Hi Maia,

Thanks for the help and all of the advice. I can't believe someone stole your design! I will definitely ask for a deposit first and maybe put watermarks when I send digital files in order to try and prevent that from happening. I like the idea of an hourly rate, since I have a good sense for how long it takes me to paint mushrooms.

Do you send an estimate of how many hours you think it will take to your client? Do your clients then have full rights to use the image after you've sent it to them, or do you get a percentage of the merchandise profits?

Thanks again,
-Julie