I had a printer with a similar problem. Cleaning the rollers (the little rubber rollers that feed the paper) with a q-tip and alcohol fixed the problem temporarily (these get old and stop grabbing the paper effectively). To replace them was as or more expensive than replacing the printer. This is assuming this is your paper feed problem.
Karen