Tricia,

In 2006 the Grolier Club in New York had an exhibition titled, Teaching America to Draw: Instructional Manuals and Ephemera, 1794-1925. It featured rare books from the Special Collections at Penn State. A booklet was published in conjunction with the exhibition. It is a bibliography of rare drawing books, not a full-blown catalog. The holdings of the featured collection are in Penn State's online catalog. Click on the first link below to learn more.

Teaching America to Draw: Instructional Manuals and Ephemera 1794-1925
Penn State University
https://www.libraries.psu.edu/psul/speccolls/rbm/andersonellis.html

Exhibition Booklet
http://cat.libraries.psu.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=PEyi5hOTjy/UP-PAT/38060208/9#

Grolier Club Exhibition (May 16 - July 29, 2006)
http://www.grolierclub.org/default.aspx?p=v35ListDocument&ID=755383292&listid=11459&listitemid=123173&ssid=166764&dpageid=&listname=Past%20Exhibitions

Tania

ArtPlantae LLC
ArtPlantae Books