That would be my first choice, and hope that other creatures don’t crawl in, and be careful about draining the battery if the light comes on when the doors are open.

But another possible solution may work like this…If you can SEE the gecko, turn on the engine, turn the air conditioning on full, and chill the car.  This MAY slow the gecko down enough to allow hand or insect net capture.  Or may not.   Might even be an idiotic idea, but I’m trying to be creative.

Barry

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deb Haines
Sent: December-19-13 8:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] TAN-How to capture a gecko

Open the doors and let it crawl out???

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: [SCIART] TAN-How to capture a gecko
Sent: Thu, Dec 19, 2013 1:30:59 PM

I have a friend who has a native gecko jump out of a rug, going to the dump, and now it's in her car. How can she capture it unharmed?

Once we had a neighbor who trapped a baby gopher snake on one of those sticky strips he had put down for mice. Ben went over when he called, and they released it by using PAM cooking spray.

Any other solutions?

Poor gecko

Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC