I've begun some work that would be easier with wider brushes than I currently possess.  I'm wanting brushes in the 2 to 3 inch range, perhaps even larger.  These brushes from art supply houses come in two styles:  cheap, wherein the bristles fall out first or second use (I had the head fall off one I bought from Dan Smith), and, umm, ridiculously expensive considering the intended use.  There are, of course, a few choices that could work well, especially the comparatively moderately priced "Freestyle" series by Liquitex.

I'm wondering, however, if a trip to the local hardware store might be the best option.

If anyone has experience with using brushes in the 2 to 4 inch range, including those from the hardware store :), kindly allow me the benefit of your experience.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com