B: I agree completely with Chris.I also tug on the brush bristles at the Hardware Store. A good painters brush can be of good quality.
Best
Ann

-----Original Message-----
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Dec 28, 2013 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Wide brushes

I’ve had pretty good luck with hake brushes for large washes.

 If you’re going really large the cheap chip brushes from the hardware store are my favorites.  They need a bit of conditioning/working to get the loose bristles out before you launch into anything for real but hold together fairly well after that.  A fairly vigorous wash first should do the trick.

Chris