Pageantry is period and most of the "games" that we do are in fact pulled
from period sources (reeds, rings, quintain, heads), not to mention actual
jousting & mounted combat. Those fall under the "weapons" activities, I
suppose.

Also - racing - totally happened and may (or may not) have involved actual
weapons. ;-)

Now - the way that we run 'challenges', no, I don't believe that would have
been in practice back then. But the elements that make them up certainly
were. It was about practicing the skills needed & training the horses for
what they needed to do. And who is to say that they didn't combine running
at a target with a lance, to be followed swiftly with cutting the head off
a dummy? Seems practical to me.

In Service,

Eowyth