So, if I read this right, he’s more of a popularist rather than a scholar?
That said, are his books actually readable or are they pap?

Baine

  _____

From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzanne Booth
Sent: January 07, 2014 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Book question

http://literature.britishcouncil.org/peter-ackroyd

Novelist, biographer and poet Peter Ackroyd was born in London on 5 October
1949.

In both his fiction and non-fiction writing, Peter Ackroyd places a
particular emphasis on exploring and chronicling the city of London, its
history, literature, culture and people. He often does this through
depicting the city's writers and artists as either fictional characters or
biographical subjects.  Consequently, Ackroyd is often defined as a 'London
writer', and in this he follows in the footsteps of other London literary
figures, many of whom feature in both his fiction and his non-fiction:
Charles Dickens, William Blake, Thomas More, Thomas Chatterton, John Milton,
Oscar Wilde and T.S. Eliot. Ackroyd comments: 'London has always provided
the landscape for my imagination. It becomes a character - a living being -
within each of my books' (Peter Ackroyd profile,Guardian online:
guardian.co.uk, 22 July 2008).

Awards:
2003    CBE
2003    British Book Awards Illustrated Book of the Year, Illustrated
London, shortlist
2001    South Bank Show Annual Award for Literature, London: The Biography
1998    James Tait Black Memorial Prize (for biography), The Life of Thomas
More
1988    Booker Prize for Fiction, Chatterton, shortlist
1985    Whitbread Novel Award, Hawksmoor
1985    Guardian Fiction Prize, Hawksmoor
1984    Whitbread Biography Award, T. S. Eliot
1984    Somerset Maugham Award, The Last Testament of Oscar Wilde
1984    Heinemann Award, T. S. Eliot, joint winner

Maestra Suzanne de la Ferté
Kingdoms of Calontir and Northshield

Da ambiente e ospitalità sono la bellezza
From ambiance and hospitality come beauty

Mangiare! Mangiare! Siete tuttu troppo sotille!
Eat! Eat! You're all too thin!