maybe some of these will help

Akey JM, Ruhe AL, Akey DT, Wong AK, Connelly CF, Madeoy J, Nicholas TJ, and
Neff MW. 2010. Tracking footprints of artificial selection in the dog
genome. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0909918107> *Proceedings of the
National Academy of Sciences* 107(3):1160-1165.

Boyko AR, Boyko RH, Boyko CM, Parker HG, Castelhano M, Corey L, Degenhardt
J, Auton A, Hedimbi M, Kityo R et al. 2009. Complex population structure in
African village dogs and its implications for inferring dog domestication
history. <http://dx.doi.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.0902129106>*Proceedings of the
National Academy of Sciences* (Early Edition).

Bozell JR. 1988. Changes in the role of the dog in Proto-historic Pawnee
culture. *Plains Anthropologist* 33(119):95-111.

Germonpré M, Láznicková-Galetová M, and Sablin MV. 2012. Palaeolithic dog
skulls at the Gravettian Predmostí site, the Czech
Republic.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2011.09.022> *Journal
of Archaeological Science* 39(1):184-202.

Germonpré M, Sablin MV, Stevens RE, Hedges REM, Hofreiter M, Stiller M, and
Despré VR. 2009. Fossil dogs and wolves from Palaeolithic sites in Belgium,
the Ukraine and Russia: osteometry, ancient DNA and stable
isotopes.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2008.09.033> *Journal
of Archaeological Science* 36(2):473-490.

Larson G, Karlsson E, Perri A, Webster MT, Ho SYW, Peters J, Stahl PW,
Piper PJ, Lingaas F, Fredholm M et al. 2012. New genetic, archeological,
and biogeographic perspective on dog
domestication.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1203005109> *Proceedings
of the National Academy of Sciences* Early edition.

Losey RJ, Bazaliiskii VI, Garvie-Lok S, Germonpré M, Leonard JA, Allen AL,
Anne Katzenberg M, and Sablin MV. 2011. Canids as persons: Early Neolithic
dog and wolf burials, Cis-Baikal,
Siberia.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaa.2011.01.001> *Journal
of Anthropological Archaeology* 30(2):174-189.

Morey DF. 2006. Burying key evidence: the social bond between dogs and
people. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2005.07.009> *Journal of
Archaeological Science* 33:158-175.

Morey DF, and Wiant MD. 1992. Early holocene domestic dog burials from the
North American Midwest. *Current Anthropology* 33(2):225-229.

Ovodov ND, Crockford SJ, Kuzmin YV, Higham TFG, Hodgins GWL, and van der
Plicht J. 2011. A 33,000-Year-Old Incipient Dog from the Altai Mountains of
Siberia: Evidence of the Earliest Domestication Disrupted by the Last
Glacial Maximum. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0022821>
*PLoS ONE*6(7):e22821. Open Access

Pionnier-Capitan M, Bemilli C, Bodu P, Célérier G, Ferrié J-G, Fosse P,
Garciŕ M, and Vigne J-D. 2011. New evidence for Upper Palaeolithic small
domestic dogs in South-Western
Europe.<http://archaeology.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=archaeology&cdn=education&tm=95&f=00&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=13&bt=6&bts=6&zu=http%3A//dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2011.02.028>
*Journal
of Archaeological Science* 38(9):2123-2140.

Pluskowski A. 2006. Where are the Wolves? Investigating the Scarcity of
European Grey Wolf (*Canis lupus lupus*) Remains in Medieval Archaeological
Contexts and its Implications. *International Journal of
Osteoarchaeology*16:279–295.

Snyder LM. 1991. Barking mutton: Ethnohistoric, ethnographic,
archaeological, and nutritional evidence pertaining to the dog as a native
American food resource on the Plains. In: Purdue JR, Klippel WE, and Styles
BW, editors. *Beamers, Bobwhites, and Blue-Points: Tributes to the Career
of Paul W Parmalee*. Springfield: Illinois State Museum Scientific Papers
Vol. 23. p 359-378.

White CD, Pohl MED, Schwarcz HP, and Longstaffe FJ. 2005. Isotopic Evidence
for Maya Patterns of Deer and Dog Use at Preclassic
Colha.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jasc.1999.0560> *Journal
of Archaeological Science* 28(1):89-107.

vonHoldt BM, Pollinger JP, Lohmueller KE, Han E, Parker HG, Quignon P,
Degenhardt JD, Boyko AR, Earl DA, Auton A et al. 2010. Genome-wide SNP and
haplotype analyses reveal a rich history underlying dog domestication.
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature08837>*Nature* 464(7290):898-902.