There is no problem running the adobe suite on a 15" mac laptop, at least up to 10.7.5. I have no
experience beyond that, but I would think we would be hearing bloody murder if it were a problem.

A separate graphics chip is pretty common in the 15" Mac laptops these days, the newer chips offer
OpenCL/Open/GL processing I think, if your software can handle it, this speeds up graphic and
calculating processes that are normally CPU run.  I suspect this is what Adobe Premier is looking
for when suggesting a powerful Graphics card.

Read this forum thread for a take on Apple and ArcGIS:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/92630-ArcGIS-for-Mac

As for the low resolution screen, I would think a high res-screen set to double size (as you can do
with new Macs) would provide a smoother appearance than a low res standard screen.  If you are
looking for non-glare glass, you might have to apply your own aftermarket solution for that:
http://www.radtech.us/products/clearcal-displays

Britt