-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Beth Croce
Sent: Monday, 20 January 2014 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] upgrading and Adobe

Hi Will, Jim can probably give a better account but I think the official
word is that it's 'the price negotiated with local retailers' or similar
mealy mouthed pathetic excuse. Basically, they do it because they can.

But there is pushback.... here's one article
http://theconversation.com/software-is-officially-a-rip-off-in-australia
-so-what-can-you-do-16556
... and there's more where that came from.

As the above article points out, there are some work-arounds, but I'm
looking forward to the day when the practice of international price
gouging is ended.

Beth
Beth Croce, CMI
medical artist and director, Bioperspective.com biomedical art,
illustration & jewelry