You might want to look out for "Birds, Beasts and Relatives" and "The Garden of the Gods" too -- two more installments of Durrell's Corfu adventures.

Steve.

Steve Halford ([log in to unmask])
Museum Technician (Retired)
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Holly Butlett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
WOW- thanks Anne and Chris!  I have not  read that book.  Will put it on the list to read.   Chris - you were so lucky to have parents who loved nature  in that way.   I cam home to find my mother in tears because of the spiders I had in Jars on the basement ledge.  She wanted them all gone so she could go down the stairs to wash clothes.   LOL   And the bug collection  I mounted needed to stay hidden under the bed.

I am so glad to have this group of people who all enjoy the wonders of nature.    Holly