Here is from the museum director I work with

"I think you are absolutely correct. Obviously this doesn't extend to domestic birds such as chickens and guinea hens, but it does to any wild native bird. ... It may get dicey with things like Ring-necked Pheasants and Mallards that are bred commonly in captivity. As pheasant feathers are commonly used for jewelry, there must be something special going on with them (maybe all of them were legally hunted).

If someone possesses a game mammal/bird or parts thereof, I believe they have to have the hunting license that shows they acquired it legally."

Just more info, hope it helps,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325