Another way, and I think Britt may know the exact technique. I received the basic

Basic - info from an electronic design course at UGA; create a link of your original image within your presentation folder.  There is a way to link to your original wherever it is stored.  As my professor stated: “…this keeps the number of copies of your images down to a minimum…a function within the operating system"

For my latest presentation, I saved from my originals, jpg files, 72 dpi for the presentation because that’s all that is needed; keeps the Keynote (Apple iWork package) presentation from growing into a huge monster file.

Hope I made some sense here.  Britt: Do you have further info for us?  Thank you!

“OC”