From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
Sent:Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:03:49 -0500
Subject:[SCIART] Problems scanning into Photoshop CC

Hi all,
I've recently upgraded my Mac to OS 10.9.1 Mavericks and also upgraded
my Adobe Software to Creative Cloud. I am having trouble scanning into
Photoshop and am wondering if anyone has the solution.

I have the latest driver installed for my Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO
scanner.

There are two issues:
1) When scanning directly into Photoshop (File/Import/Images from
Device...), I am only able to make one scan. If try to scan again, the
scanning window appears but there's a message on the scanner bed image
saying "saving image" and it won't let me do anything. I have to quit
and then reopen Photoshop in order to scan again.

2) Whether I scan directly through Photoshop as described above or I
use the Epson Scanner app, I am forced to save the document. I can
choose the location, name, and have a limited number of file format
options. I DON'T WANT TO SAVE THE FILE, HOWEVER. In the past I've
scanned directly into Photoshop resulting in an untitled, unsaved
image and most often I'll just drag the scan into an open document. I
don't want to accumulate a pile of scans on my computer that I'll then
have to remember to trash. Is there any way to change the settings so
I don't have to save?

Lastly, if I have accept the fact that I'll have to save the file,
then I don't even have the option of saving it in the file format of
my choice - which is .psd. This is maddening!

I have tried contacting Adobe support about these issues. One person
told me to uninstall and then reinstall Photoshop and one person told
me there's nothing Adobe can do about it - it's Epson's fault. I have
also tried contacting Epson support but so far haven't heard back and
I'm not optimistic. I am hoping someone else has encountered these
issues and found a solution. If so, I'm all ears!

Thanks.

---
EMILY S. DAMSTRA
natural science illustration
 Waterloo, Ontario
(519) 616-3654
[log in to unmask] [1]
www.emilydamstra.com [2]emilydamstra.wordpress.com [3]

	Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
instructions at
http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv [4]

Email sent using Optus Webmail

Links: