Yes, crows do make up a murder I believe!
I was inspired to look further (though I'm running short of time and about to leave for a flight into the worst of the northeast weather, ugh!) and on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology blog they don't mention the algorithms I recalled, but they do say that starlings are most known for this behavior - and it is now called "scale-free correlation". They don't mention fish but I believe as Annie suggested, that schooling fish surely would be considered to exhibit the same thing.
From the blog:  "Murmurations remind us that nature’s beauty can take limitless forms, and can shock and inspire us....  It’s as if seeing that synchrony, that seemingly perfect connection between each starling, also reminds us to value our connection to the world around us, for connection can be truly beautiful."

Have a good day all!..

Barbara Harmon
www.barbaraharmon.com