OPEN CALL FOR STUFF AND THINGS

THE GNSI ANNUAL AUCTION

By Chiquita Auctianna (or if formal titles are your thing, The Auction Chair, how stuffy sounding)

Happy New Year, everyone! Chiquita Auctianna here with a friendly reminder that this summer, in Boulder, Colorado, a great event will take place: the GNSI Annual Auction. Woot, woot!

For those of you who are new or need a refresher, the Annual Auction is an evening event held during the Annual Conference. It consists of a large silent auction and a smaller, but no-less spirited live auction. It is always a blast.

But it doesn't happen in a vacuum; it is entirely fueled by donations by our generous members and sponsors. So, with the annual auction around the corner, Chiquita Auctianna is asking you to have a lookie around your studio with an eye for what to donate. Was Santa overly generous in December? Great! Consider a holiday purge to counteract that holiday binge. Gearing up for spring cleaning in your studio? Excellent; Chiquita is looking for stuff and things: everything from original art to extra art supplies to luxury vehicles (hey, why not?) is fair game. And if you have something obscure or sensational (Leslie Becker has put in a special request for worm poop this year, just sayin), then by all means, bring it! Our live auction team needs fuel for their silliness if we are to have a raucous time.

So please, start scheming/collecting. Lets make the 2014 Auction memorable above all others! As a reminder, proceeds from the Auction are split between the Education Fund and the operating budget. A win-win, if you ask Chiquita, and I'm pretty sure you just did. Bring donations to the registration desk at the conference, or items can be mailed ahead of time (whether you are attending the meeting or not!) to:

Chiquita Auctianna's Cave of Wonders
c/o Visible Science
386 S. Clarkson St.
Denver, CO 80209

Please be sure to include a note saying who you are, what the auction item is, and its approximate value. (Chiquita is better suited to smiling perty and nodding than she is to thinking critically, so best not to leave any executive decisions up to her.) On behalf of the GNSI, thanks in advance for the luxury vehicle!

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design