I used Strathmore 500 4 ply, vellum finish (has a bit more tooth than the smooth surface), for my hercules beetle (GNSI Juried Exhibition 2012 and published in the following GNSI journal)  This was carbon pencil and the subsequent shavings from the pencil, one of our UGA scientific illustration projects.  This was my experience with carbon dust.

I used a type of acetate from Athens Blueprint for an ink drawing but found that the drawing was easily smeared.  Should have abandoned that idea.  I could try to find the name of this item if it would help in your decision.

Best,  “OC” Carlisle