Patricia,

I use Crescent 310 illustration board, based on my experience working on new carbon dust illustrations for Grant’s Atlas, where we tried to create new illustrations in the style of the existing artwork. Although Dorothy Foster-Chubb training with Max Brödel, and there were fantastic clay coated papers available in that ‘golden age’ of carbon dust, she created all of her c-d illustrations on cold pressed board. The surface is nice and toothy (maybe too much for some sensibilities… it is certainly rougher than clay-coated papers or drafting film), and almost impossible to mess up… add white highlights are with graphic white opaque paint. Let me know if you would like more information…

D.