Are there Layers in the new file? If so the default is for PSD to use a layered TIFF file format, you need to pick a different option in the TIFF dialog.

Britt

----- Original Message -----
From: Marjorie Leggitt [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:56:22 -0700
Subject: [SCIART] Photoshop: saving PSD files as TIFFs question

Can anyone explain why when I saved a psd file as a TIFF last week the file
size decreased, whereas when I save the same psd as a TIFF today, the file
size is increased by a huge amount? As far as I know, I have not changed any
of the settings and I am going through all the same steps as before.

Iım baffled!

Marj