Dear Cather community:

Janis Stout and I have recently learned that The Selected Letters of Willa Cather will be released in paperback by Vintage in the late summer, and we now have an opportunity to make corrections to the text for the paperback edition. Over the past several months, some of you have been very kind to point out small errors--in transcription, in dating, etc.--that were in the hardcover edition, and I've done my best to keep track of those points for the revision.

I'm writing today, though, to invite all of you to privately share any other errors you may have noticed with us. We've done our best to be 100% accurate in our representation of the letters, but it is a big, complicated book, and inevitably errors have crept in.

We've learned, only today, that Vintage would like our list of changes very soon, so if you could send any errors to my personal email ([log in to unmask]) by this Friday, February 14, we would be grateful.

Thanks in advance to you, as a scholarly community, for helping to make this resource more accurate and useful.

Sincerely,
Andy Jewell

--
Andrew Jewell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, University Libraries