Nest -

I have seen purple tabards at Gulf Wars with the gold  cross on the
> front and the gold falcon on the back.

I think you may be mis-remembering slightly. There are tabards with the
Calon Cross on the front and back, and those are for the Royal Guard. There
are also tabards with the striking falcon on the front and back, and those
are what the army (all parts thereof) wear.

I do not recall ever seeing a tabard with the falcon on one side and the
cross on the other. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but they haven't
registered in my consciousness.

-- Logan --