I would question only one little piece of what you said.  Both P and Na are in ashes.  (Ca and a lot of other stuff is there too)  Some plants (like salt wart) are preferred for making glass and soap because they make higher percentage  NaOH than POH.  I think you have explained why putting NaCl in soap made with ash lie which is mostly POH turns the soap from liquid to bar soap while NaOH  (Drano) makes bar soap naturally.  The Na takes over.   When you dehydrate ash lye you get what can be safely be called ...Ta da!... glass salt!  But what exactly is that?  I have seen documentation for making salt out of oak ashes presumably for the table, but really the portion of the book didn't really specify what it was going to be used for, it just covered the processes for mining, and dehydrating salt from well and sea water.  I might guess from what we know that the first salts might be NaCl  followed by PCl then other stuff.  The salts from wood ash could also contain other harmful, poisonous, and caustic ingredients.  I don't know if the caustic bases in wood ash dry out to a powdered chemical or not, the liquid left over seem to get more and more caustic, and  hygroscopic but will eventually dry out, (perhaps due to other compounds being absorbed from the air?).  The salts from wood ash could possibly be normal, harmless, calcium-(not sure how safe this one is), sodium, and potassium salts, that re-decompose under high glass-making heat conditions to there caustic base form...or not.  I am certainly very afraid to experiment with them on food stuffs.  I have quite a collection of glass salt, a tiny bit of which I have purified by recrystallization.  I have not tried to make soap with the crystallized salts either although I have made both liquid and bar soap with ash lie.

Gerald