>They have provided building plans for each of the houses. The
 >houses range in skill levels from "only one angle cut" to "better
 >be good at this".

Any wiggle room as to designs? It'd be nice if someone could do
a Viking longhouse, or a house with a thatched (or pseudo-thatched)
roof, or something similarly historical.

....what did they do for birdhouses in period, if they did anything
at all other than chicken housing unites, and dovecotes?

Alban, back home with a sinus infection and a fever, after a too-long
trip, so that's what I'll blame the idea on.