A very nice explanation of RSS.

One of the unfortunate problems with RSS, at least from the web ministers point of view, is that it is a one-way street. The web minister can't tell whether anyone is reading the RSS postings or not.

For several years I've had an RSS feed on the Florilegium, giving a description each time a new file was uploaded or updated. This had to be generated by hand, which was taking about as much time as updating the website was. :-(

When I asked in my monthly article, and in the RSS feed, whether anyone was using it, I got only one reply. So I've now stopped updating the RSS feed.

Perhaps my situation is unique in that I've still been able to post my monthly update article to the various kingdom lists, and maybe with this, the usefulness of the Florilegium RSS feed is reduced.

If I can find another package, running on the website or on my Mac that would automatically send out RSS messages when the site is updated, I might try RSS feeds again.

Stefan

--------
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris