That’s a good question. I always thought the Gold on Purple Calatrava was reserved for the Crown. Can it also be used as a populace badge like the falcon?

Baine

From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gwendolyn
Sent: February 08, 2014 5:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Calon Cross inage

My understanding is that the gold Calatrava on purple background can be worn by the populace. The reverse color purple Calatrava on gold, with purple border is the badge of the Order of the Cross of Calontir.

Order of the Cross of Calontir: given to those whose works, deeds, conduct, and service to the Crown and the kingdom have been of an exceptional nature. Companions of the cross of Calontir may place the initials CCC after their names, and may bear the order's badge: Or, a cross of Calatrava within a bordure purpure

http://www.sca.org/awards/calontir.html

Gwendolyn

Sent from my iPhone