Nest,
Both the gold striking falcon and the gold calon cross are badges that any member of the populace can wear.
More traditionally, at wars, the falcon is the symbol of the army (which everyone is a member of) and mostly used on war tabards.
But really it's up to you which one or combination of the two you would like to use.  I just finished a new hood to wear at war, it's purple with a gold embroidered calon cross on the front.

Their Majesties words from the January Mews ask that:
"As the first King and Queen of Calontir asked their people to bathe themselves in the glory of the purple and gold to march to war, We would ask the same.  If you plan to attend Gulf Wars this year, please take some time during the months to come to craft something for yourself to denote you as a member of the Falcon Host,  be you fighter, water bearer, archer, A&S maven
or simply going for the party. More than throwing a tabard over your garb, make the medieval choice to incorporate the colors and ensigns into whatever your persona would have worn. We want to drown the Known World in the splendor of the Purple and Gold."

Hope this helps!

Rebecca
Baroness Rebecca Beaumont, OP
Shire of Oakheart