As has been posted to this and other forms of electronic media, the SCA is working on a new youth program that has yet to be officially publicized.  Recently, I have received several messages about this program from SCA corporate.  Here is the most recent statement regarding the program.

"While the YAFA team is excited at the enthusiasm of the people of the Known World we are not expecting to launch the YAFA website until Summer of 2014. Please do not sign up as families or mentors until the program is ready as this information will not be preserved. We appreciate your continued interest and look forward to working with you all in the very near future. Please stay tuned for more information being released between now and the launch

Duchess Rustique and the YAFA team"

In addition to this announcement, it is important to note a few things.

1. The program is still in production and is not in its final form.  The information currently available via the website may not be the way the program actually works once it is finally rolled out.
2. The program is not mandatory.  No Kingdom or person will be required to participate.
3. It does not replace the Kestrel Page school in Calontir.

If you have questions or concerns regarding YAFA, please send them to me at [log in to unmask], the Kingdom Minister of Youth at [log in to unmask], or the YAFA team at [log in to unmask]

I remain a servant of the Crown.
Maighster Murdoch, Calon Steward