As far as I know, in the English speaking world, nothing has ever generally replaced vernal and autumnal. March and September, Northward and Southward have been used but, again, not supplanted the Latin terms. The oddest and most enduring alternative is the "first point of Aries" and "first point of Libra" which is still used in navigation I understand.

You must have been up VERY late, Alban.  Looking back on some of the stuff that's crossed the CalonList, and you consider THIS weird?  Emoji