Congratulations Bruce!

I sell a bit on Etsy but there are lots and lots of sellers now days. I
think you have to really work at the networking angle and spend money on
promotions to get noticed. On the other hand, it costs very little to set
up shop so you can always test the waters.

Lore (a dudette??)

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dudes,
>
> *At last!*  I quit my day job.  Well, I quit it a few years ago but
> stayed on part-time.  At my age -- I'm 71 anddon'tcarewhoknowsit -- I have
> a low tolerance for interruptions.  If anyone has ever worked in an acute
> care medical setting, you know that the job is non-stop interruptions.  So
> I've retired to my home and studio and the camera equipment I've acquired
> over the past 60 years.  Now that I can apply more time to the business
> aspect of art, I'm looking for venues to sell same.  Others here have
> indicated Etsy is a good place to sell ......  almost anything.  I'm
> wondering, however, what type of "anything" really gets noticed.  Does
> artwork like prints or originals sell if it isn't transferred to a mug or
> T-shirt?  Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
> I'm also looking for opportunities to research and write essays, papers,
> and magazine or journal articles.  Or simply to edit same.  My favorite
> venue is photo essays.  Here's a sample:
> http://bbartrug.zenfolio.com/p443646733.  However, I've also written
> detailed technical papers within the medical field, and have worked as a
> stringer for a local newspaper, writing articles and supplying the photos
> for same.  If anyone should hear of such an opportunity, it would be great
> if you could pass same along.  Unless you apply yourself :).  I'm not
> looking for full-time work, just freelance or as an on-needed basis.  I
> want time to do art work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Bruce Bartrug
> Nobleboro, Maine, USA
> www.brucebartrug.com
>
> The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
> because of those who look on and do nothing.  - Albert Einstein

> instructions at

*Lore Ruttan, *Ph.D.

Lore Ruttan Illustration <http://www.loreruttanillustration.com>