hi kathy,

we have been able to do the type on a path thing with photoshop since
the 1st CS. there is no command. just have path active and take your
type tool and hover over the path itself. the cursor will change to
indicate you are on target. then click down anywhere on path to drop
cursor at that point and type away. before CS we had to do these kind of
things in illustrator, turn text into outlines, and then import.

-frank