Congratulations, Bruce!

Here is a long list of places for selling art online from Artsy Shark: http://www.artsyshark.com/125-places-to-sell/

Cheers,
Pam

On 2/7/2014 8:11 PM, Bruce Bartrug wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dudes,

At last!  I quit my day job.  Well, I quit it a few years ago but stayed on part-time.  At my age -- I'm 71 anddon'tcarewhoknowsit -- I have a low tolerance for interruptions.  If anyone has ever worked in an acute care medical setting, you know that the job is non-stop interruptions.  So I've retired to my home and studio and the camera equipment I've acquired over the past 60 years.  Now that I can apply more time to the business aspect of art, I'm looking for venues to sell same.  Others here have indicated Etsy is a good place to sell ......  almost anything.  I'm wondering, however, what type of "anything" really gets noticed.  Does artwork like prints or originals sell if it isn't transferred to a mug or T-shirt?  Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I'm also looking for opportunities to research and write essays, papers, and magazine or journal articles.  Or simply to edit same.  My favorite venue is photo essays.  Here's a sample:  http://bbartrug.zenfolio.com/p443646733.  However, I've also written detailed technical papers within the medical field, and have worked as a stringer for a local newspaper, writing articles and supplying the photos for same.  If anyone should hear of such an opportunity, it would be great if you could pass same along.  Unless you apply yourself :).  I'm not looking for full-time work, just freelance or as an on-needed basis.  I want time to do art work.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com