Yes, seven artboards. The early development worked better if I had them all in one file. The files are getting large, so now is the time to separate them. I did find the way to do it, it's stoopid, really. The forums say how it's found on the "Illustrator Options" page, but I had forgotten and no one tells you how to FIND that dialog box. But a faint memory cell recalled that, yes, you have to go one layer deeper, SAVE AS> then the Illustrator Options pops up and there is the box to click. I found an article called "Hidden Gems of Illustrator CS5" and although they didn't give the direct path, something must have nudged my memory. You have to commit to the SAVE AS to get there. I usually just breeze by that dialog box and forgot it exists.

Thanks Deb.
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325