Bruce,

Since you do photography, have ever considered licensing some of your photos through a stock agency?

I'm not talking about Corbis or Getty they license photos to their clients for pennies on the dollar, pay the artist a nominal percentage of that fee, and most of your royalties are eaten up by hosting fees and other hidden charges.

But there are other, artist-friendly stock agencies like http://www.sciencesource.com
They charge their clients much more reasonable rates, meaning the artists pocket more money. They pay the artist either 40% or 50% of the licensing fee, depending on whether you enter into an exclusive or non-exclusive relationship with them. And there are no hidden fees (the only exception is a $20-25 fee for scanning original transparencies or color prints; there is no fee for uploading/hosting digital images). Their contracts are in simple English and are available by clicking "Submit Your Work" at the bottom of the homepage.

You won't get rich, but it could generate a few extra dollars. Just a thought.

Jim