Gretchen
(Once you amass a collection of images, you'll find the one you misplaced. )

www.gretchen.halpert.com

On Feb 3, 2014, at 12:46 PM, "Barry K. MacKay" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I do have a few favourites, but you probably already have them.   They were don’t my Linda M. Feltner.

Barry

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda Feltner
Sent: February-03-14 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Examples of watercolor backgrounds

Don'tcha just hate it when you have a picture snippet out of a magazine, showing a beautiful example of a graded watercolor wash, used along with an exquisite botanical painting.... it floats around for several classes....then you put it up somewhere safe....and now can't find it?

Of course the artist's name is with the piece, but that is also lost.

If anyone has links to favorite examples of Backgrounds in Watercolor - I'd appreciate knowing of it. I like to show examples of other artist's work, for inspiration,  to show the vast possibilities of how a background can be used. I particularly am seeking examples of precise work, I know there are many choices among the fine arts societies. I was drawn to this piece because it worked so well with accurate botanicals. Animals would be fine, also.

I've got a workshop coming up this weekend, and would appreciate any links.

Many thanks,

Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325