Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 22:25:39 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Shipping specimens to/from Mexico
To: [log in to unmask]

All-

I recollect this being covered elsewhen, but a search through my email folder came up with nothing so…

Does anyone have recent experience successfully (or not!) shipping specimens to or from Mexico, specifically Mexico City? We’ve had the contents of at least one package virtually destroyed on the return trip within the last year or so and
 I’ve heard second or third hand of various other “issues” with getting specimens in and out of Mexico reliably. Of course we’ll be asking the local person requesting our material what *they* would recommend, but I was wondering if there was a more general
 consensus as to the “safest” method- USPS, FedEx, UPS, something else?

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Zack

Zachary H. Falin, Ph.D.