Good morning, Stefan

> I'm not sure if there is anything new in it, compared to the thread that
> you reference, but here is n article in the SCA-SOCIOLOGY section of the
> Florilegium:

> Smalls-art (10K) 11/28/09 "'Smalls' in period: children or underwear?"
> by Lady Wenyeva atte grene.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/Smalls-art.html

Same basic information; the newer article has the actual period citations
quoted from the OED.  Interestingly, the period plural is Germanic--not
"smalls", but "smalle" (unaccented "uh").  (I'd bet this also means that
"shoppe" actually meant "shops" in period; can I go repaint renfair
signs?)

-Yasamin