On Mar 19, 2014, at 8:19 AM, Marguerite D.A. Reed <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On a personal note, thank you so much for including dishes that those of us taking a stab at Lent can eat!
>
> ~Melisende

Along those lines, perhaps these Florilegium files might be of interest. I don't know how close you are holding to he medieval restrictions of Lent, but perhaps the menus may be useful for those looking for food ideas for themselves or for a feast.

fasts-msg (82K) 3/12/14 Fasts and fastdays. Food restrictions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fasts-msg.html

fish-feast-art (6K) 3/29/00 Details and recipes for a mid-Lent "fish feast" by Rudd Rayfield.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/fish-feast-art.html

Lenten-Fst-mnu-art (9K) 4/ 4/04 The menu for a small feast in Lent by Brekke Franksdottir.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/Lenten-Fst-mnu-art.html

Mid-Lent-Dnnr-art (7K) 4/27/01 A Mid-Lenten dinner by Rudd Rayfield.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/Mid-Lent-Dnnr-art.html

Of course there are also various recipes in the files on almond milk, fish, beaver and such that were seen in medieval times as permissible during Lent.

Stefan

--------
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris