Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:03:58 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] autocrat's handbook
To: [log in to unmask]

Dorcas -

I like "autocrat", "feastocrat" and "troll".

Just sayin'
As do lots of people. And lots of people liked "dragon" for car, "small" for child and "farspeaker" for telephone. People in other kingdoms still use "eric" for list field.

Autocrat is a perfectly period word, but NOT in the way we use it. Should we not try and use terms that are closer to what our period contemporaries might have used? I am firmly in the "gate" over "troll" camp (which is why I made the sign for coronation), and I don't like using <job description here>-o-crat at all.

But to prove I am not completely above hypocrisy, I still favor "mundane" over "modern", despite the BoD's wishes.

-- Logan --