Can you simply draw dots around the edge that demark the grid, then also
put dots across the page at the intersection of the grid lines?  You could
use a ruler around the edge and a T-square to position the dots.  These
would be more likely to disappear in the resulting drawing and be much
easier to remove if they don't.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Elockett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Molly,
> If substrate is fastened to a wall why not project grid on it instead to
> physically drawing it on.
>
> Liz
>
> On Mar 2, 2014, at 3:50 AM, Molly Higgins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I have a quick drawing question--I do large-scale charcoal drawings
> and typically start by drawing a grid to help with proportions
> etc...however when the drawing is done I've run into trouble in the past
> being able to fully make those grid lines disappear in areas where the
> white of the paper remains.
>
> Is there a type of pencil (or eraser, or technique) that anyone can
> recommend that erases exceptionally well?  I'm using Borden/Reilly 116
> Sketch vellum, a fairly heavy paper.
>
> Thanks as always, Molly

> instructions at

> instructions at