*Eureka!*  Sort of.  The preview type size in Photoshop can still be
enlarged.  It used to be under Preferences, but in CS6 it's under Type (of
all things) on the topmost menu bar.  Choose Preview Size and click HUGE.
It's not that huge, but at least one can get an idea of what the font looks
like.  Only one word (sample) but still, better than nothing.

Thanks!

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks, Jim.  Unfortunately I'm a PC dude.  That refers to type of
> computer, NOT type of speech.  I'd make an interesting political
> cartoonist.  I wouldn't live very long, but that's another topic.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com