Squarespace doesn't have a right-click preventative for use on their
websites.  It's easy to bypass anyway, but I was surprised it wasn't
standard issue nowadays.  So I have to watermark everything.  Not a big
deal, I can automate it in Photoshop without too much hassle, and there are
plug-ins that allow simple batch processing if that won't work for what I
want.

Thanks, b

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Lynette Cook <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Bruce, yes, I was able to download the images. Couldn't think how to check
> the values of the whites in Photoshop without doing this. I'm not sure what
> you mean by your comment about how "It would seem unnecessary. . . " unless
> you thought you'd somehow set the images so they couldn't be pulled off
> your site. (The "Save image as" feature) I'm still working on an old tower
> and in an old version of Photoshop, so am not browsing websites on either a
> cell or tablet.
>
> Lynette
>

> On Mar 10, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Bruce Bartrug wrote:
>
>  Linda:  Oh, that's the problem!  My monitor is calibrated :).  A recently
>> purchased Dell 24 inch LCD.
>>
>> Lynette:  I have older work, too, which is sometimes quite a problem.
>>  These were recorded on film, which adds another layer of corrections.  I
>> added the small white border around the black because the black borders
>> alone don't always show clearly on line.  Noticed this first with
>> illustrations for books, and I just carried the idea over to anything that
>> needs a black border to begin with.
>>
>> Lynette:  you downloaded an image?  Oh, dear.  I never thought to check.
>>  It would seem unnecessary in a Squarespace template that adapts to tablets
>> and cell phones.  Argh!  Maybe I can add one in "Save for Web" function and
>> make it easy.  Sigh 2.
>>
>> Ann:  I should actually read the instruction to my Epsen V500.  Maybe
>> there's a background color substitution there as well :).  Of course, one
>> device's "white" can be another's pale pink or gray.
>>
>> Thank you all for looking !

> instructions at

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA