  _____

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: Tuesday, 11 March 2014 4:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Getting white backgrounds white. Sigh.

Linda:  Oh, that's the problem!  My monitor is calibrated :).  A recently
purchased Dell 24 inch LCD.

Lynette:  I have older work, too, which is sometimes quite a problem.  These
were recorded on film, which adds another layer of corrections.  I added the
small white border around the black because the black borders alone don't
always show clearly on line.  Noticed this first with illustrations for
books, and I just carried the idea over to anything that needs a black
border to begin with.

Lynette:  you downloaded an image?  Oh, dear.  I never thought to check.  It
would seem unnecessary in a Squarespace template that adapts to tablets and
cell phones.  Argh!  Maybe I can add one in "Save for Web" function and make
it easy.  Sigh 2.

Ann:  I should actually read the instruction to my Epsen V500.  Maybe
there's a background color substitution there as well :).  Of course, one
device's "white" can be another's pale pink or gray.

Thank you all for looking !

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Lynette Cook <[log in to unmask]>