Just thinking - The modern projectors are expensive.  Most people have an old fashioned 35mm slide projector around.   You could use just any old crappy slide - and exacto knife a nice fine grid it it and use that.    If you don't have an old one, I am sure they are dirt cheap on e-bay or in several friends' basements.    That said - I am planning (when I get back to large, not digital, painting 10 years from now) on finally buying a projector that projects my computer screen.

--
Taina Litwak
Litwak Illustration Studio

tel: 301-527-0569