Greetings!

I wanted to pass along a unique 7-day field journaling and natural history illustration program for young scientists and artists on Hurricane Island, Maine. Maine SEAL is for students ages 12-15, and runs from August 15-21, 2014. Our goal in this introductory program is to foster students' excitement for real-world natural history science and inquiry through a creative and artistic lens.

The Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership is a science and education community on Hurricane Island offering experiential, hands-on education programs and research opportunities focusing on marine sciences, STEM education, human ecology, sustainable living technology, citizen science initiatives, and leadership.

Please visit our website for more information, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about our hands-on field science programs! Spots are filling up fast, so register today!

Cheers,

Alice Anderson
Science Educator
Hurricane Island Foundation