Bruce:
the whites look bright white on my screen.  (iMac 27", 3 yrs old, not color corrected). The paper backgrounds look the same as the white of the surrounding web page, and other whites on my screen.

If you want the white backgrounds to sparkle, perhaps surrounding the images with a light gray page background?

Hope this helps.
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325