From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: Tuesday, 11 March 2014 4:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Getting white backgrounds white. Sigh.

Linda:  Oh, that's the problem!  My monitor is calibrated :).  A recently purchased Dell 24 inch LCD.

Lynette:  I have older work, too, which is sometimes quite a problem.  These were recorded on film, which adds another layer of corrections.  I added the small white border around the black because the black borders alone don't always show clearly on line.  Noticed this first with illustrations for books, and I just carried the idea over to anything that needs a black border to begin with.

Lynette:  you downloaded an image?  Oh, dear.  I never thought to check.  It would seem unnecessary in a Squarespace template that adapts to tablets and cell phones.  Argh!  Maybe I can add one in "Save for Web" function and make it easy.  Sigh 2.

Ann:  I should actually read the instruction to my Epsen V500.  Maybe there's a background color substitution there as well :).  Of course, one device's "white" can be another's pale pink or gray.

Thank you all for looking !