Dear All,

             In my photographic imaging system all the Canon lenses are calibrated at each magnification setting of each lens. So I can insert a measurement scale in Photoshop Extended using image analysis.

I was sent an updated file some time back but it turned out I had a different extension tube on my 1.4x teleconverter. So there were errors. I’ve just spent days checking and correcting where necessary every setting.

I now need to change these settings on a Mac used with our portable system offsite.

I believe I will have to do this manually, using the measurements I’ve recorded but this will take many hours.

By contrast this is how I was instructed to change the file on a Windows system.

"How to swap out an old measurement file in Photoshop CS3, 4, 5 or 6

Right click the new PS measurement file you have and select copy.

Go into control panel
Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization
Then select show hidden files.
Then go here on the C drive

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings

Remove your old measurement file (Save it first) and paste in the new one.
The next time you use the measurements in PS you will have ALL the settings.
I would strongly recommend that you copy the old file and save it somewhere safe in the event you wish to revert back or need it to verify a measurement on an older file.

Path in Windows to place the PS measurement file.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings"

The file is called "Measurement Scales.psp".

I checked with our IT guy who knows Macs (but is not a Photoshop expert) but he didn't think there was a way of quickly installing it on a Mac.

I thought I would ask if any of you know of a way round this problem.

Thanks,

Geoff